Orthopaedic Surgeon – Hip and Knee
Dr Sew Hoy is an Orthopaedic Surgeon with nearly 20 years of experience, and specialises in the treatment hip and knee conditions. Dr Sew Hoy completed Orthopaedic Surgeon training through the Australian Orthopaedic Association programme in Sydney, and received the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Fellowship in 2003. He then completed sub-specialty training through The Harvard Medical School in Boston, and The Mater Hospital in Sydney in hip and knee replacement surgery.
Dr Sew Hoy specialises in the treatment of hip and knee conditions, and has a particular interest in anterior total hip replacement surgery (minimally invasive anterior surgical approach), robotic total knee replacement surgery, knee arthroscopy and reconstruction, and trauma surgery.
Dr Sew Hoy is the Head of the Orthopaedic Department at the Northern Beaches Hospital and was the Director of Training 2017 to 2021 at Mona Vale and then the Northern Beaches Hospitals. He writes and lectures the hip syllabus academic content for the Australian Orthopaedic Association Sydney training programme.
He completed a Master of Medicine degree at the University of Sydney in 2013 achieving a merit award, the University of Sydney Clinical Teacher Programme, and is a member of the Northern Beaches Hospital Infection Control Committee and Operating Theatre Committee.
- Master of Medicine (Clinical Epidemiology) merit award, University of Sydney (M Med merit) 2013
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association (FAOrthA) 2005
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) (Orthopaedics) 2004
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, University of Otago 1992 (MB ChB)
- Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Fellowship Brigham and Women’s and New England Baptist Hospitals, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 2004
- Northern Beaches Hospital Orthopaedic Head of the Department 2021
- Orthopaedic Director of Training at the Northern Beaches Hospital
- Lecturer and Author of hip syllabus for the academic content of the Australian Orthopaedic Association Sydney training programme
- Northern Beaches Hospital Infection Control Committee
- University of Sydney Clinical Teacher Training Programme